Wednesday, December 16, 2009

oh christmas tree, oh christmas tree.....

with the holidays creeping up SO fast this year and with trying to get ready for miss O's big birthday, i felt a bit overwhelmed....so i opted out of my normal tree routine and took a new twist on tree decor. hence, my Santa tree. see below. with this idea (thanks lori) i was able to trim the tree in a much more easy way and if i feel like it, i can bag the whole thing and not worry about wrapping up and packing the million of other ornaments this year. at first i was a bit bummed about not getting to see all of my pretties that i have collected over the years, but once the santa-baby tree was complete...i thought it was so worth it; less-effort. what do u think?
my flash would not turn off, so u cannot see all of the pretty white lights on it...its not as bare as it looks in this shot

3 comments:

The Major's Wife said...

So cute, I love it!!!

Allison Vogt said...

Hey! I saw y'all across the way tonight. I wanted to tell you I loved your card! Beautiful. Love the Santa Tree too. I can't believe you have presents wrapped and under the tree! That's very good!

The Muchachos said...

What a neat idea! I'm sure that Jackson loves it! :) I love it and may have to borrow that idea some time in the years to come.