Friday, April 2, 2010

Eggtastic fun!!!

Spring is my most favorite time of year.....my fondest memories are of getting ready for easter......the decorations, the candy, seeing eggbert ( a yankee thing), church....and of course,because I am me, getting to pick out a new dress, shoes, hat and sometimes gloves & accessories for easter sunday!!!! (erin....halle reminds me of me when i was her age)
for the past couple of years, I have thrown an easter egg hunt for the kiddos we love to play with. I have (with the arm pulling of jman)decided to make this a tradition as long as the children still love it. This year was the best by far....3rd annual Smith Egg Hunt and Play. the kiddos totally got it this year and were super pumped up!!!! we caught a few trying to get out the doors before we could snap pics. you can only allow them to wait so long. i also hid a golden and silver egg to win a prize with....I forgot to get a pick of the winning kids, ugghhh and the BIG treats they took home. each year i get a bit more organized, think of new things to add and it gets more fun.
264 eggs, one big pinata, 32 wild kids, 20 adults, egg dye, and food = lots of fun, laughs, smiles and the best memories ever!!!! thank you to all our friends that made this year the best by far.

trying to get 32 kids in one shot is a miracle

miss O over the photo shoot


halle claire and olivia

kids checking out the eggs and waiting patiently
my love
kiddos SO ready to get out there
and we're off......


the jones girls and jman
julia kate howard
jackson having a bouncing good time
of course miss O picks up the one egg that matches her outfit! you are so my child
john michael mcatee
kirby alexander and lauren summerford
katherine arrowsmith
roe alexander
caleb howard and drew mcatee
miss erin and her purple posse!! olivia, kerrigan, halle and jk
jackson getting the first swing at the candy filled pinata

the rest of the kiddos waiting there turn at a swing

No comments: